Coordination and communication
Following the release of the national strategy in 2008, CCRSPI coordinated and facilitated the development and submission of proposals to the Australia’s Farming Future $46 million Climate Change Research Program (CCRP). As a result, Australia now has nationally coordinated programs involving dozens of partners in soil carbon (led by CSIRO); soil nitrous oxide (Grains Research and Development Corporation); and enteric methane (Meat Livestock Australia).
In addition, throughout 2008 and 2009 CCRSPI delivered for partners:
- A series of fact sheets, designed with RDCs, to communicate climate change to primary industry sectors and stakeholders
- A series of national research coordination workshops, held with industry representatives, researchers, and producers, to identify priority areas for climate change research (see appendices C & D in the CCRSPI Strategy 2008)
- The commissioned project ‘The impact of an ETS on land use change’, undertaken by the Australian Farm Institute
- Technical development of climate change reporting functionality within the AANRO database facility, and provision of climate change project data from CCRSPI network partners, to populate the database
- Submissions and presentations to the Australian Government House of Representatives, Government 2.0 and Greenhouse 2009 Conference.
Find out more about...